Call for Papers
15th Annual 3 Rivers Wet Weather Sewer Conference
October 16-17, 2013
Monroeville Convention Center
We are seeking sessions for an educational agenda covering a broad range of topics:
- Sewer system consolidation/ regionalization issues, i.e. legal and financial
- Asset data management
- Financial management
- Inter-municipal cooperation case studies
- Source reduction, including green infrastructure (in particular, performance data for reduction in sewer overflows for areas similar to SW Pennsylvania in soils and topography)
- Comparison of annual overflow volume reduction and costs for gray infrastructure versus source reduction (separation of combined sewers, green infrastructure, and source flow reduction in separate sewers)
- Green infrastructure life cycle and O & M requirements
- Sustainable O&M approaches
- Long-term wet weather planning
- Water quality and public health
- Removing barriers and revising codes and ordinances to better support sustainable stormwater management
- Integrated Watershed Planning – Implementation Case Studies
- Private laterals
- Cost analysis tools and models
- Innovative GIS applications
- Multi-municipal Act 537 planning
- Watershed management
- Approaches to storm water, MS4 compliance and stormwater utilities
- Allegheny County’s Act 167 Planning
If you are interested in speaking at the conference, please use the guidelines outlined below and submit a proposal to 3 Rivers Wet Weather by Friday, May 3, 2013
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact 3 Rivers Wet Weather at 412-578-8375.
Conference Speaking Proposal Guidelines
Please include the following in your speaking proposal:
- Name of speaker(s), title, company name, address, phone, fax and e-mail
- Title of presentation
- Description of the presentation content in 400 words or less. Emphasize the educational elements of the presentation. (Sales-oriented presentations will not be considered. Presentations must provide unbiased, valuable information about a technology, technique, case study, etc.) Co-presentations and case studies are encouraged. Most sessions are 30-45 minutes. Due to the short session length, we request that proposals/presentations include no more than two speakers.
- Learning outcomes. List at least three goals or outcomes of the presentation. What will participants have learned by the time they leave your session?
- Short biographical sketch of the speaker (50-75 words).
- Previous presentations speaker has given. (Please list the conference/seminar, date and topic.)
Please forward your speaking proposal to:
3 Rivers Wet Weather
Attn: Conference Speaking Proposal
3901 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
or forward via fax—412-578-8065—or e-mail to email@example.com in a Word document.
3RWW is unable to cover the travel expenses for speakers, however, we will waive the conference registration fee. We will reserve a block of rooms at a special room rate and individual speakers will be responsible for booking their own accommodations. Additional details will be provided in the speaker acceptance letter.